Hello my lovelies, sorry this is a day late again, I’ve just had some other things going on and this got put to the bottom of the list, oops…
Also I may have made a cheeky trip to Boots today so expect a haul on Sunday!
So if you’ve been reading my blog for the past few months you’ll know I’ve got into running, in fact, it’s becoming a more permanent hobby. So I thought I’d share a few pearls of wisdom that might help you if you’re thinking of getting into it.
- Set a goal! Setting a goal means you’ll be more motivated to push yourself further and it means you can track your progress, plus once you reach your goal or go beyond it. It’ll feel like you’ve actually achieved something.
- Eat an hour before running. If you run on an empty stomach you won’t have enough energy to do a good run but if you eat just before running, there’s a good chance you’ll throw up… Just take it from me, you don’t want either of those things, an hour seems to be a decent amount of time.
- Lip balm, lip balm, lip balm! If you’re really pushing yourself, you’ll be doing a lot of heavy breathing and this can dry your lips out, personally, I find this a bit distracting, so I tend to slather on some Carmex before I head out.
- Wear comfy clothes and trainers. Simply if you feel more comfortable, you’re more likely to go running in the first place and you’re likely to spend more time doing actually doing it. It’s just common sense!
- Take it slow. Don’t try and sprint straight away, you’ll tire yourself out and limit the distance you can go, find a nice comfortable pace and stick with it. It might feel ridiculously slow at first but just trust me on this one, baby steps!
Happy running!! 🙂