(I wasn’t sure what feature image to use so here’s one from a few months ago where it looks like I’m questioning where it all went wrong but still smiling about it) Alright my lovers! (I’ll be very disappointed if you didn’t read that with a Bristolian accent)
Alright my lovers! (I’ll be very disappointed if you didn’t read that with a Bristolian accent)
With it coming up to summer and the end of the academic year, it’s about the time of year people start looking for jobs, so I thought I’d tell you a few things that you definitely SHOULD NOT do in a interview. Take it from someone who’s certainly made a few mistakes when it comes to applying for a job.
- If you have an interview with a burger restaurant (in my case an American chain that rhymes with hive lies) and they ask you to tell them an interesting fact, don’t tell them you’re vegetarian, it’s not gonna go down well. Spoiler…I didn’t get the job.
- Don’t sit there in silence, if you feel things getting a bit awkward, ask a question, just say something!
- Don’t admit that you don’t know the answer, try your best to bluff it or admit that you’re perhaps unsure but you’ll have an educated guess.
- Don’t forget to smile, an interviewer is still a person and they’re more likely to warm to you if you appear friendly.
- Probably the most obvious one, don’t be late! They might not necessarily remember that you were early but if you’re late, you’ll definitely be remembered as a time waster and as my accounting tutor would always remind us last year that ‘time is money’.
- And last but not least, confidence is the key to everything in life!
Hope these few tips might help you on your way up the career ladder! Good luck!